i want to achieve “she’s adorable and i will protect her at all costs but also i am slightly frightened by her power”
Perfect way to.explain adulthood.
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
I’ll refer you to an ask where I gave a few tips. ASK by starry-ponds
And here is the original link to the post. It’s in Russian.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
for the people asking about the nail polish flowers!
oh man i remember when my mom used to make these…. so that’s how she did it… muwhahahahahahahahaaa
Imagine your OTP pretending they don’t know they’re your OTP when they totally do.
Important Reminder for all Pokemon Fans!
Make sure you get signed up on pokemon.com and opt in for the marketing emails BEFORE the end of Monday October 20th. That’s tomorrow! The Pokemon Company is ONLY sending out Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demo codes to people that have an account and are opted in to marketing emails, so even if you have an account already make sure you are opted in to receive marketing emails. You can get some awesome mega pokemon and items by playing the demo and transferring them to your real game later so don’t miss out!
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT GUYS!!!!
Once you’re signed up and logged in, check out this link in order to opt into the email that will get you the code at the very bottom of the page:
Stopped by the Tokyo Bay Pokemon Center, took some pics.
putting stuff on your blog that you enjoy is 10000% better than trying to stick to one category
Tumblr on November 1st